The classroom is a great place to teach dental care and oral health to kids. Help children learn the healthy habits that bring a bright smile and a bright future with this simple dental hygiene curriculum. Teachers have access to dental care material to encourage students to learn how to take care of their mouth and teeth.
Printable Teacher Guides
Download our engaging, activity-based program guide to help you integrate oral health in your classroom.
These activities encourage your students to team up with Dr. Rabbit and the Tooth Defenders and become superheroes in protecting their own bright smiles!
- Bright Smiles Word Search (Ages 10-12) (PDF) (520 KB)
- Bright Smiles Crossword Puzzle (Ages 8-9) (PDF) (560 KB)
- Bright Smiles Word Match (Ages 5-7) (PDF) (794 KB)
- Tooth Defender! Maze Challenge (PDF) (5.28 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit & the Tooth Defenders How It All Began Storybook (for Grades K-1) – SPANISH (PDF) (3.9 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit & the Tooth Defenders How It All Began Storybook (for Grades K-1) – ENGLISH (PDF) (3.6 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit Meets a Brushalotamus Storybook Storybook (for PreK - Head Start) (50.2 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit and Friends Collection of Songs (Music) (19.5 MB)
- App-tastic Adventures with Dr. Rabbit Lesson (For Pre-K) (PDF) (2.56 MB)
- App-tastic Adventures in Tooth Defense Lesson (For Grades K-1) (PDF) (2.99 MB)
Hear it straight from other kids how much they're learning from the My Bright Smile App! From brushing songs, to learning how to floss, to visiting the dentist for the first time and more, these videos are a quick and easy way to get kids excited about taking care of their teeth.
Additional Printable Materials
Check out other downloadable educational materials great for teaching and learning the basics of oral health care.
- B is For Brushing Classroom Poster (PDF) (8.76 MB)
- S is For Smile Classroom Poster (PDF) (21.8 MB)
- Oral Care Milestones Handout (for Pre-K) – ENGLISH (PDF) (2.69 MB)
- Oral Care Milestones Handout (for Pre-K) – SPANISH (PDF) (2.8 MB)
- Tooth Defenders Know How to Brush Classroom Poster (For Grades K-1) (PDF) (3.1 MB)
- Tooth Defenders Storybook Classroom Flip Chart (PDF) (47.3 MB)
BSBF Classroom Kit Order Information
If you are an educator of kids in grades K-1, you may request a Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Kindergarten Classroom Kit. The multi-media kit includes a video, posters, storybooks, curriculum, parent take-homes and Colgate Kid's toothbrush and toothpaste samples for each student.
The 2015 enrollment period has closed. Open enrollment will begin again in December 2016. Free oral health education materials are available for download today in the “Printable Teacher’s Guide” section at the top of this page.
If you no longer wish to receive the Colgate Bright Smile, Bright Futures® program kit, click here.
My Bright Smile™ Global Art Contest
Announcing the 2017 My Bright Smile™ Global Art Contest
Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® is looking for the best student art from around the globe. One winning entry will be chosen to represent the U.S. The winning student earns a $500 scholarship and the teacher earns a $500 classroom grant.
Contest is open to children ages 6 to 9. Students need to create an original piece of artwork that illustrates the theme Why My Bright Smile is Important. Deadline is May 31, 2016. Each entry must include a completed Entry Form. For all contest rules and regulations, click here.