At Colgate, we truly care about our people. Attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people is a key global priority. To support employee development and job satisfaction, we proudly offer global career opportunities, access to world-class training and education programs and continuous coaching and feedback.
Our Career Development approach is all about motivating our people to take on challenging and exciting work and giving them the skills, experience and support they need to succeed.
We practice our approach through:
- Individual Development Planning (IDP): Colgate IDPs enable employees to partner with their managers to identify skills, behaviors and knowledge needed to achieve specific goals
- Succession Planning: Colgate relies on global succession planning to identify and develop the next two to three generations of Colgate leaders
- Job Postings: Open positions are posted internally
Training and Education
Colgate's leadership position in the global marketplace is directly linked to the skills and expertise of our employees. Practical learning and professional growth are critical to our continued success. Thus, we invest generously in the training and education of Colgate people.
Our commitment to skill development includes:
- Formal classroom and online study
- Sharing best practices, globally
- Developing practical work applications based on real-world experiences
Ongoing Coaching and Feedback
We encourage ongoing, two-way communication so that Colgate people know how they are doing and what they need to do to further develop as professionals. We encourage:
- Annual goal-setting sessions
- Continuous coaching and feedback, to discuss progress, identify areas for improvement and redefine priorities
- Written appraisals to document progress toward career and corporate goals