The holidays are here, and with them come parties and get-togethers galore! While finding the perfect outfit and getting that manicure are important, it is equally important to make sure that your breath is at its best.
Nothing is worse than starting off a conversation by offending someone with your bad breath. Many people suffer from halitosis, but with the proper defensive tools, you won’t be one of them.
1. Breath mints
Breath Mints offer an easy way to freshen your breath.
- They are compact, so they can fit in the tiniest of purses.
- There is also no limit to how often you use them.
- Many brands contain sugar, so you should consider using a sugar-free option if you intend to use them frequently.
2. Chewing gum
Gum is another easy way to freshen your breath and it is important to chew a sugarfree brand.
- It comes in minty flavors, which help to mask the odor.
- A pack is small and easy to carry around.
- One disadvantage is that chewing gum may be considered inappropriate at certain functions, so bear your setting in mind before reaching into your bag!
3. Breath strips
Breath strips are one of the more recent innovations in fighting halitosis. They are essentially a mouthwash in the form of a strip that you simply place on your tongue. The saliva in your mouth causes the strip to dissolve, releasing the ingredients which help to freshen your breath.
- This option is also very compact and easy to carry with you.
- It is also very discreet.
Food for thought: more tips
You should note that these options really only mask the odor and are not highly effective in actually eliminating halitosis. Your first line of defense should be good dental and oral hygiene habits.
Regular brushing and flossing help to rid your mouth of germs and food debris that, if left in your mouth, can cause odors. Also, be mindful of the types of food that you eat, especially the day of an important event. Eating foods with a strong odor, such as garlic, will make having fresh breath on the go that more challenging.
As you prepare for your next holiday party, remember that a great smile and fresh breath are the best complements to any outfit.
Original content by Clarissa Harper