IIt’s a cause for celebration when your baby’s first tooth appears. And it’s a rite of passage when your child loses their first tooth. At that point, you’ll keep the tooth fairy on standby for about six years.
At some point during those years, a mishmash of baby and permanent teeth will fill your child’s mouth.
During your child’s development, you might wonder:
- How can I know if a tooth is a baby tooth?
- At what ages should I expect my child’s baby teeth and permanent teeth?
- Should I care for baby teeth differently than for permanent teeth?
- How can I tell the difference between a baby tooth and a permanent tooth?
- Why do we need two sets of teeth?