Who Should You See If You Have Bad Breath?
Finding the cause of your bad breath will help determine who you should see if problems persist.
- Diet: Consult with a dietician or nutritionist who can work with you to modify your diet.
- Oral hygiene: See your dentist, periodontist, or dental hygienist to improve gingivitis and receive thorough oral hygiene instruction for home care.
- Tonsils and respiratory infections: Follow up with your physician or a specialist such as an ear, nose, and throat doctor or pulmonologist.
- Dry mouth: Your dentist and dental hygienist can help determine the reasons for your dry mouth and recommend prescription medications or over-the-counter products that can provide relief from symptoms.
- Systemic diseases: See your physician or your specialist for their insights on how to reduce bad breath.
If you have any concerns, contact your dental or medical professional right away to discuss your bad breath treatment options.