Losing a tooth, especially that first tooth, is a big milestone in a child's life, so try commemorating the moment with some crafts for the first lost tooth. Ideas such as a memory page with the theme of the first lost tooth work nicely. If you're not the crafting type, don't worry. A simple idea, such as decorating a photo of your child without his tooth, is easy and fun.
Crafts For The First Lost Tooth: Ideas And Fun Memories
Decorating a photo means your child doesn't have to worry about missing out on the tooth fairy's reward and you get a treasured memento of that first lost tooth. Let your little one enjoy decorating the paper around the photo of his missing tooth. Then, either frame the decorated photo or stick it in your scrapbook.
- Have your little one give you the biggest, toothy smile possible and snap a picture. Alternatively, get a picture of the tooth in your child's hand or on a small display pillow beside a dime or other small object, for scale.
- Upload the picture to your computer and print it out in the center of a sheet of standard paper.
- Grab some colorful markers, glue and iridescent glitter.
- Write your child's name, age and the date the tooth came out below the picture so everything is ready when you give the craft supplies to your little one.
Get ready to turn your little one's creativity loose.
- Give your child some ideas of things to write or draw, such as a motivational saying about the lost tooth, pictures of loose teeth, a colorful toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste or anything tooth-related he feels like drawing.
- Make thin glue swirls all the way around the picture's border and then sprinkle the shimmery glitter in the glue.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before displaying the keepsake photo.
This article is intended to promote understanding of and knowledge about general oral health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your dentist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.