Your Wedding Oral Care Checklist
Whatever your dream wedding smile looks like, it's best to create a game plan with a dental professional as soon as possible. Seemingly major transformations like straightening teeth and closing gaps can be possible with enough advanced notice.
- 1 year out: Consult with a dental professional and schedule a teeth cleaning for a few months before the wedding
- 10 months out: Teeth aligners
- 6 months out: Porcelain veneers, crowns, and cosmetic tooth contouring
- 4 months out: Whitening treatments including at-home and professional methods
- 2 months out: Introduce some nutritious foods into your diet for optimal gum health
How to Avoid Stains
Some of our favorite foods can be high in acid and can soften or weaken enamel, making it easier for stains to appear. Try to avoid these items as you begin prepping your teeth for your wedding day:
- Deeply colored tomato or curry-based sauces
- Red and white wine
- Most fruit and berries
- Sports drinks and soda
- Sugary treats
Drinking through a straw can also minimize staining. If you indulge in foods high in acid or sugar, be sure to rinse your mouth out with water afterward.
Ready, set, smile! Tips for your wedding day
You're all ready for a day of smiling. Soak in every moment, and bring extra confidence to your smile throughout the day. Here are some additional tips to help:
- Make your shiny teeth POP with darker pink lipstick or berry hues that use a blue base.
- Keep a kit with floss and a small mirror handy.
- Brushing your teeth regularly can help your breath stay fresh.
- Sugarless gum can give you fresh breath and added confidence.
- Avoid foods that cause bad breath like garlic, onions, horseradish, and dairy.
Your wedding will be here before you know it, but the memories will last a lifetime. Not only will this Wedding Oral Care Checklist have you feeling confident on your special day, but you can also add these tips to your regular oral care routine for continued results.