What to Expect
Treatment times vary depending on your individual orthodontic needs and appliance, though on average, people wear braces for 1-3 years. It’s common to need a retainer after your braces are removed.
How much are gold braces? The cost of braces varies greatly based on your location, dental professional, treatment required, and the type of braces. According to the Cleveland Clinic, braces typically cost between $3,000-$6,000, if not more. Gold braces will generally cost more than stainless-steel counterparts due to the expenses from the gold plating and the gold itself.
Practicing proper oral hygiene is always important but is especially vital when you have braces. Maintaining healthy habits will help prevent tooth decay or damage to your braces.
Top tips for caring for gold braces:
- Avoid whitening products as they do not reach under your brackets, and your teeth could be a different color upon removal.
- Gently brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day using non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a flossing device once daily and consider using a floss threader.
- Don’t chew on non-food items like pens, pencils, or your nails.
- Consider skipping or limiting sticky, hard, or chewy foods.
- Visit your dental professional regularly.
Gold braces might be exactly what you were looking for if you need the treatment of classic braces but desire a bolder look. Be sure to practice a proper oral care routine and schedule regular visits with your dental professional to keep your braces in peak condition. You’ve made a great decision to acquire an in-depth understanding of orthodontics and gold braces.