Dental Hygiene Classroom Materials & Curriculum for Teachers
The classroom is a great place to teach dental care and oral health to kids. Help children learn the healthy habits that bring a bright smile and a bright future with this simple dental hygiene curriculum. Teachers have access to dental care material to encourage students to learn how to take care of their mouth and teeth.
Download our engaging, activity-based program guide to help you integrate oral health in your classroom.
These activities encourage your students to team up with Dr. Rabbit and the Tooth Defenders and become superheroes in protecting their own bright smiles!
- Bright Smiles Word Search (Ages 10-12) (PDF) (520 KB)
- Bright Smiles Crossword Puzzle (Ages 8-9) (PDF) (560 KB)
- Bright Smiles Word Match (Ages 5-7) (PDF) (794 KB)
- Tooth Defender! Maze Challenge (PDF) (5.28 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit & the Tooth Defenders How It All Began Storybook (for Grades K-1) – SPANISH (PDF) (3.9 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit & the Tooth Defenders How It All Began Storybook (for Grades K-1) – ENGLISH (PDF) (3.6 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit Meets a Brushalotamus Storybook Storybook (for PreK - Head Start) (50.2 MB)
- Dr. Rabbit and Friends Collection of Songs (Music) (19.5 MB)
- App-tastic Adventures with Dr. Rabbit Lesson (For Pre-K) (PDF) (2.56 MB)
- App-tastic Adventures in Tooth Defense Lesson (For Grades K-1) (PDF) (2.99 MB)
Hear it straight from other kids how much they're learning from the My Bright Smile App! From brushing
Check out other downloadable educational materials great for teaching and learning the basics of oral health care.
- Social Media Toolkit - Share a Bright Smile (ZIP) (2.81 MB)
- B is For Brushing Classroom Poster (PDF) (8.76 MB)
- S is For Smile Classroom Poster (PDF) (21.8 MB)
- Oral Care Milestones Handout (for Pre-K) – ENGLISH (PDF) (2.69 MB)
- Oral Care Milestones Handout (for Pre-K) – SPANISH (PDF) (2.8 MB)
- Tooth Defenders Know How to Brush Classroom Poster (For Grades K-1) (PDF) (3.1 MB)
- Tooth Defenders Storybook Classroom Flip Chart (PDF) (47.3 MB)
Educators may request a Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Classroom Kit using their school's email address. Each free kit includes easy-to-use in-classroom materials and Colgate® toothpaste and toothbrush samples for 25 students.
Note: All applications are screened and if you are NOT a registered teacher at your school, you will not receive a kit.
Due to the success of the Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures program, supplies of printed kits are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis. To find out if kits are available, or to be placed on the waitlist, please click here. We understand the importance of teaching our children how to maintain their healthy smiles, and we have made available to you free downloadable educational materials and fun activities to engage your students. To access downloadable educational materials, go to the “Printable Teacher’s Guide” section at the top of this page.
To update your information or request to be removed from the Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures program, please visit.
Announcing the 2019 My Bright Smile™ Global Art Contest
Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® is looking for the best student art from around the globe. One winning entry will be chosen to represent the U.S. The winning student earns a $250 scholarship and the student's classroom earns a $500 grant.
Contest is open to children ages 6 to 9. Students need to create an original piece of artwork that illustrates the theme Why My Bright Smile is Important. Deadline is September 21, 2018. Each entry must include a completed Entry Form. For all contest rules and regulations, click here.